The Ben Fund – Covid 19 Outbreak
The primary concern of the Ben Fund is the Health and Wellbeing of its members, visitors and staff. In light of the advice issued by Public Health England on 16 March 2020 to avoid non-essential contact, in consultation with the Trustees I have decided that, until further notice, the treatment offer will be substantially reduced or refined.
In practice this will mean the following:-
- St Michael’s Lodge and all Ben Fund satellite sites will be closed as from 5pm 17 March 2020
- Physiotherapy treatment will suspended
- Holistic treatments will be suspended
- All Lodges at Carnforth and Windermere will be closed until 22 May 2020
- All wellbeing programmes are postponed and will be rearranged at the earliest opportunity
- Face to face counselling will be suspended. Counsellors will be in touch with all current clients to risk assess whether online or telephone contact is appropriate. If you are a new client who requires our counselling service please apply online as normal
- Applications for financial hardship grants/ loans will still be considered and should be directed for the attention of the CEO or Operations Manager at St Michael’s Lodge
These unprecedented steps are temporary and proportionate to the current health emergency. The Ben Fund is monitoring the situation as it develops on a daily basis and look forward to resuming the full range of services at the earliest opportunity. In the meantime, thank you for your continued support and please monitor our website for further updates.
Chief Executive Officer – The Ben Fund